Advocacy Training: Fighting Hunger and Food Insecurity in Iowa
Friday, January 22, 12:00pm-1:00pm
The number of people experiencing food insecurity across Iowa has increased dramatically due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And while federal and state responses have proven effective at increasing access to food for many in our state, there is still work to be done.
Join the Iowa Hunger Coalition and other anti-hunger groups on Friday, January 22, from 12:00pm-1:00pm for an online advocacy training to get involved in the fight to end food insecurity in Iowa!
Learn from groups working to address hunger and food insecurity in Iowa about:
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on hunger and food insecurity in our state
- federal and state responses to food insecurity during the pandemic
- basic information on nutrition programs such as Food Assistance (SNAP)
- current legislative opportunities to address hunger and food insecurity in Iowa
- how you can be an effective anti-hunger advocate
We hope you can join us in our fight to end hunger and food insecurity in Iowa.